The thyroid is a gland, an organ on the front side of your neck and around the windpipe. The thyroid releases hormones that control your body’s vital functions, including metabolism. If your thyroid stops working properly, it will cause either excess or insufficient hormone production, which is harmful to your body.
Ayurveda is one of the oldest Indian medicinal procedures in the world. It aims to keep the body, spirit, and mind balanced to cure any ailment or prevent them from hampering our system. Ayurveda includes changes in your diet, exercise, and lifestyle improvements.
Types of Thyroid
- Hyperthyroidism- An excess of thyroid hormone secretion.
- Hypothyroidism- When your Thyroid gland cannot secrete the minimal number of hormones required for your body.
Cause of Hyperthyroidism as per Ayurveda
- Chronic or long-term illness.
- Growing old.
- An increased Vata Dosha due to excessive showering or bathing.
- Consumption of dry food and drinks.
- Depression or anxiety.
- Fasting or insufficient consumption of food.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hyperthyroidism Thyroid
- Ayurveda can treat Hyperthyroidism by altering the lifestyle of the patient.
- Sufficient sleep and waking up early to engage in various physical activities.
- Dairy products are a plus point.
- Different forms of yoga, meditation, and asanas help coordinate your Vata and Pitta Doshas.
- Detoxification or avoidance of excessive stress.
- Abhyangam, warm body oil massages, help to stimulate blood flow in our body.
- Some ayurvedic medicines that can cure Hyperthyroidism are tulsi, amla, Melissa Officinalis, Mother wart, Shirish, etc.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hypothyroidism Thyroid
Women are mainly affected by hypothyroidism. In many cases, ayurvedic properties have successfully balanced the unbalanced hormonal secretion from the thyroid gland.
Causes for Hypothyroidism Thyroid
- Stress or anxiety.
- Autoimmune disorganisation.
- When the thyroid has been removed due to some surgery.
- Iodine shortage.
Ayurvedic treatment for Hyperthyroidism
- Intake of cruciferous vegetables or vegetables rich in nutrients like kale, broccoli, cauliflower, etc
- Yoga and meditation
- Food is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory purposes.
- Some ayurvedic herbs can also organize hormone production, Sarpagandha, Brahma, and Ashwagandha.
If you are tired of allopathic and homeopathic medicines, consult the Aatreya Ayurved Clinic in Hadapsar, Pune. They contain the best supervisors who can guide you through your recovery journey. Together we can fight the evillest ailments!
About Aatreya Ayurved Clinic:-
Dr. Dattatraya B. Nalage is the pioneer and main consultant at AATREYA AYURVED AND PANCHAKARMA CLINIC, HADAPSAR, PUNE. Dr.Dattatraya Nalage is an Ayurvedic consultant by profession. He did his graduation with a “Bachelor’s in Ayurveda Medicines And Surgery (B.A.M.S.) From renewed institute in Pune.